Thursday, March 24, 2011

Brief Encounter

Last month on our way to the 20th Century Cincinnati Show, we passed this sweet Mid-century Modern high school in Sharonville, Ohio, just before arriving at the convention center.
Princeton High School near Cincinnati
I couldn’t resist snapping a few pictures on our way back by. A quick Internet search reveals “Princeton High School was built on its current site in 1957-58 thanks to a generous donation from Marianna Matthews," according to the school’s website. Although the school has had four significant expansions over the years, it has maintained its classic, mid-century façade on its front side facing Chester Road.

I love the clean lines, interesting roof angles, aluminum siding, and mosaic tiles. I couldn't find any information on the colorful tile mural, if it's original to the building's design, or if it was added later.

I think the students at this school have something very special to walk into every day. I hope they appreciate it as much as I did during this brief encounter.


Mosaic Tile Mural



Nice turqoise-colored panel siding (this looks like my own high school back in Mississippi).

Front entrance flanked with unadorned columns

Close-up of tile on columns outside entrance.


Nice modern lettering on school sign. I'm thinking this is probably original to 1958.

No comments:

Post a Comment