Tuesday, March 1, 2011

20th Century Cincinnati Show

Saturday was gloomy and cold in the greater Cincinnati area, but not inside the Sharonville Convention Center. That’s where my husband and I and a large crowd of other “modern” collectors and fans lined up to see a colorful and dizzying array of midcentury furniture, art, toys, costume jewelry, electronics, house wares, and more, all under one roof!

As I said in my last post, this was our third time attending the 20th Century Cincinnati modern show . It was definitely worth the drive up from Lexington and I now look forward to it every year. We spent about two hours browsing the 50 booths. The crowd was thick so we had to make a few trips around to see it all. Though we didn’t buy anything, we didn’t come out empty-handed. I got a first-hand look, an education, in some of the most impressive and quirky design of the last century. Here are some of my favorites from the day.
 
Dinner is served--atomic style!


Bullet Planter. ( I have a thing for orange.) This one is the only one I saw at the show. It had a price tag of $150 and was scooped up quickly.


Sleek Eames plywood chair. I've never seen one in black. Like it!



A version of the Saarinen tulip table.

An orange (leather?) Eames rocker--my husband's favorite pick.



Another Eames rocker upholstered in blue.



The classic Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman. One day I will have you!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment